Get a taste of IP - and grow your food and drink business.
If you have a business operating in the food and drink sector, or are thinking of starting one, then you’ll need to come along to this free half-day event. Delivered in conjunction with local IP firms Ward Hadaway, HGF IP advisers and Definition IP with support from the Department for International Trade, it will help you to identify, protect and utilise IP within your business – providing practical advice and support to help you grow and protect your business. This event is suitable for both small and larger businesses operating in the food and drink sector.
Successful local businesses will be supporting the talks, adding their experiences to discussions.
- 13:30 Registration and refreshments
- 13:50 Welcome and introduction to the event
- 14:00 Innovation to Survive – Trade Marks, brands and innovating to add value and maintain market advantage – presented by HGF.
- 14:40 Case Study: Pete Southern – Clockwork Espresso
- 14:50 Licensing and Distribution – Looking at sector issues with Ward Hadaway
- 15:30 Case Study: Liam Watson – Canny Milkshakes
- 15:40 Exploring New Markets – presentation by Chris Jewitt (Dept. for International Trade: North-East International Trade Adviser – Food & Drink), looking at overseas trade for food & drink companies.
- 16:00 Case Study: Andy Dixon – Oatein
- 16:10 Tyne Bank Brewery – Clare Rutherford from Definition IP talking about Tyne Bank’s ‘journey’ and why protecting their IP has been so important to the growth of the company.
- 16:30 BIND CIC – Newcastle’s food waste innovation hub
- 16:40 Panel Discussion
- 16:55 Networking, buffet and refreshments – all of our contributors will be available for one-to-one discussions