Newcastle Start Up Week is an exciting week-long schedule of startup-focused events from Monday 15 May to Friday 19 May 2017.
If you have a business idea but don’t know how to start, have already launched but need advice on how to keep going, or want to know how to grow, this 5-day citywide festival is for you! Open to businesses in Newcastle and beyond, Newcastle Startup Week will be launched at Stephenson’s Boiler Shop on 15 May. Both daytime and evening events will follow during the week, each day focusing on a particular theme.
On Tuesday 16 May, the Business & IP Centre will kick-off Getting Started day in the City Library’s Bewick Hall, 10.00am – 2.00pm.
- Welcome & introduction by Edward Banks (Economic Development Team, Newcastle City Council) and Simon Hanson (Development Manager, FSB North East)
- Getting Started Q&A with John Dudgeon and Dave Gibson (co-founders, Blu Sky Tax)
- What business support is out there? panel discussion with NBSL, (Generator), Sunderland Software City, Transmit Startups, PNE Enterprise and Bright Ideas Trust.
- Start your business in a weekend by Jonathan Dowden (Product Manager for Mobile Applications, Sage)
- An Introduction to Lean Startup Principles by Justin Souter (Souter Consulting);
- Pricing Strategy Masterclass by Oliver Ranson (Ranson Pricing);
- Pitches / presentations from the IWCYC (If We Can You Can) finalists.