Note: This webinar is delivered by the Business & IP Centre London team based at the British Library and is presented by Paul Grant (The Funding Game).
Open to all business owners, the Reset. Restart programme is here to help you transform, future-proof or grow your business through the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. This is one of 10 free webinars you can join as part of the programme to receive practical, jargon-free training and advice. Visit bl.uk/reset to find out more.
Obtaining funding to launch and grow your business has always been one of the greatest challenges for entrepreneurs. And now, it’s a even more complex challenge than ever, with the Coronavirus pandemic changing the world economy and the way we do business. But we are beginning to see new opportunities emerging.
In this session, funding expert Paul Grant (The Funding Game) will help you discover routes to capital that you may not have heard of before, and decide on the best approaches for your business.
Included in the session will be specific advice on the latest government loans and support initiatives, and how to take advantage of angel investment and crowdfunding.
This workshop will cover:
- how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the funding landscape
- where to find the best opportunities for securing capital quickly
- which sectors are currently active for capital, and which are not
- how to set the correct level of funding for your stage of growth
- the most effective way to apply for the relevant grants now available
- the safest and easiest way to secure debt funding
- how raising equity capital works at the right valuation
- the three main approaches to crowdfunding
- case studies
- and an opportunity to ask your specific questions.
About your speaker
Paul is an experienced entrepreneur who founded, ran and funded his own London-based company for several years. He has worked for two London private equity firms where he built large networks of business angels, while coaching entrepreneurs on all aspects of funding and growing their early-stage businesses. Paul is founder of The Funding Game which offers practical guidance, support, tools and events for entrepreneurs seeking capital for their start-up and scale-up ventures.