Pathways to Innovation is a new free-to-access programme designed to help SMEs protect and commercialise new ideas, technologies, products, services and processes and to explore and access new market opportunities.
The programme is funded through European regional Development Fund (ERDF) and is delivered by BIPC Newcastle in partnership with RTC North, until December 2019.
Pathways to Innovation gives small & medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with an ambition to grow, free access to enhanced IP support services delivered by BIPC Newcastle and partners, including the Intellectual Property Office and local IP barristers and solicitors.
Support available includes:
- One-to-one IP advice and access to business information services
- Events and workshops – coving a range of sector-specific IP activities, new market exploration and topical topics, such as Brexit implications and opportunities.
- Workshops designed to provide SMEs with a better understanding of IP and how to exploit and utilise for growth.
- Free Trademark and Patent searches
Pathways to Innovation also provides free access to one-to-one support from sector expert innovation advisers, within RTC, who have expertise in market research, competitor analysis and product licencing.
SMEs joining the programme will also get free access to a rolling programme of one-to-many masterclasses and events, delivered by RTC North, and may qualify for a grant to part-fund additional work with external experts. This could include, buying-in additional professional IP advice and support.
To qualify for support you must be located in the north east and be an SME, defined as:
- Engaging in economic activity and employing less than 250 employees
- Turnover not exceeding 50m Euros
- The enterprise must be an autonomous entity
And have an ambition to innovate and grow your business.
To apply to join Pathways to Innovation complete this registration form SME Registration Form.Email version and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm acceptance onto the programme and provide you with additional information on our services and how to access them.
If you have any queries, please, contact email@example.com